EVERY STEP GETS US CLOSER TO A CURE | Lace up your sneakers and prepare to make a positive impact!
Join us for the 4th Annual Walk for Talk taking place October 12-15, 2023. This event is not only an opportunity to come together as a community but also a chance to make a difference in the lives of people living with vocal disorders.
This is not your typical walk. It’s a powerful stride towards a better future by helping raise more awareness and support for research on spasmodic dysphonia and related voice conditions.
You decide how to participate. The key is to take part in a way that aligns with your interests and abilities while contributing to the Walk for Talk. See below for ideas:
- Physical Walk: You can organize or join a physical walk (run, bike, paddle, etc.) in your local community or with friends and family. You can use this opportunity to raise awareness and collect donations from those who join you.
- Support Group Walk for Talk Event: Our local Support Groups are organizing in-person walks and you are invited to join them! These events can provide a sense of community, encouragement, and a platform for participants to connect with others facing similar challenges. It also gives family and friends an opportunity to learn more. Check our calendar of Support Group Walks to see if there is one near you!
- Virtual Walk: If you can’t physically gather with others, you can participate virtually. You can choose a specific date and time to go for a walk in your own area and then share your experience on social media to spread the word about the cause.
- Fundraising: You can engage in fundraising efforts by reaching out to your network, friends, and family, and encouraging them to donate to the cause. You can set up a fundraising page online and share it with your contacts to make it easy for them to contribute.
- Awareness Campaign: Use your voice, both online and offline, to educate others about vocal disorders and the importance of supporting research. Share information, stories, and facts about vocal disorders to raise awareness.
- Creative Initiatives: If you have a unique talent or creative skill, consider organizing an event or initiative related to your talent. For example, you could host an online art auction, a virtual concert, or a cooking class, with the proceeds going toward the cause.
- Pet Participation: Since pets are also welcome, you can take your furry friend for a walk and involve them in the event. Share pictures and stories of your pet’s participation to engage a wider audience.
- Corporate or Team Participation: If you’re part of a company or organization, you can encourage your colleagues to participate as a team. You can also explore corporate sponsorships to support the event financially.
All are welcome. There is no cost to participate, and no matter your location, age, or connection to Dysphonia International, we are all working together in our pursuit of a cure and a world without communication challenges caused by voice disorders. Be sure to register to be part of the map showing participants worldwide, highlighting the global reach and impact.
Every dollar makes a difference. With a goal of $90,000, all donations are being matched, meaning every contribution made to the Walk for Talk has double the impact, so we can fund more research to find answers and solutions for vocal disorders.
So, whether you’re walking with your loved ones, colleagues, or furry companions, you can use your feet to help us beat spasmodic dysphonia and related voice conditions, including vocal tremor, vocal cord paralysis/paresis, and muscle tension dysphonia. Learn more and register now to join a community that cares about you and your voice in this annual event!